Your first step to a rewarding agribusiness career.
Are you pursuing a 2- or 4-year college degree in Animal Science, or a related field? The Christensen Farms Swine Production Internship is a great first step to a rewarding career. Our internship program offers a 360° perspective, immersing you in the daily management of our state-of-the-art swine production system.
- Training and development
- Hands-on work experience
- Professional development activities
- Networking opportunities with industry professionals
- Competitive pay and housing
- Exposure to all facets of the pork industry
– Sow, nursery and grow-finish production
– Genetics and multiplication
– Sow breeding, farrowing and health strategies
– Animal welfare
– Food safety
– Pork quality
– Neighbor and public relations
– Cost versus production decision making
– Environmental initiatives
– Employee relations
10 weeks minimum (End of May through first week in August)
Weekend work schedules required
Who should apply?
Christensen Farms internships are open to college freshman, juniors, sophomores and seniors. Candidates must possess a strong passion to learn about the swine industry.
Previous livestock experience is a plus, but not required.